How are you today?
Well, its that's time of the year. Yes, It's nearly Advent! The countdown to the Christmas! I have always been a fan of drinks by the dram and this year they have hit the ball out the park with their advent calenders From whiskey, Gin tequila and rum, they have all the best alcoholic spirits covered.Obviously, this review and advent calender is for adults. Check out my full advent calendar post for more child-friendly ones.
I have been sent the Drinks by The dram scotch whisky advent calendar to review and I have to say, its a cracker. Sorry, I couldn't help the Christmas themed pun there. This retails at £149.95 inside you will find 24 handmade 30ml wax sealed drams. The whiskey are from all over Scotland and there are even some extremely rare ones in there. They have everything covered from smokey islands whiskeys to the more fruity Speyside ones. There are single grains and malts within this luxury box. Drinks by the drams have done some major scouring the country to find the best whiskeys to put in the calendar. If you have a whiskey drinker in the family. I honestly don't think there is a better advent calendar you could find them. If you don't want to know what is in it stop reading Now you have been warned.
As this is a review I had to open up the calendar and I was super impressed with the way they are safely packed in the calendar.
What is inside the box?
- The Exceptional Blend - 1st Edition
- Dewar's 12 Year Old - The Ancestor
- Dalwhinnie 2002 (bottled 2017) Oloroso Cask Finish - Distillers Edition
- Caol Ila 2004 (bottled 2016) Moscatel Cask Finish - Distillers Edition
- Johnnie Walker Green Label 15 Year Old
- Glen Scotia Double Cask
- Loch Lomond 12 Year Old
- Lost Distilleries Blend - Batch 10
- Crabbie 8 Year Old
- Tamdhu Batch Strength (Batch 3)
- Glengoyne 12 Year Old
- Dailuaine 15 Year Old (That Boutique-y Whisky Company)
- Bunnahabhain - Batch 9 - 11 Year Old (That Boutique-y Whisky Company)
- The Naked Grouse
- Kilchoman 2012 Wine Finish (Cask 405) DBTD
- Glenfarclas 12 Year Old 58.7% - Drinks By The Dram
- Bruichladdich Scottish Barley - The Classic Laddie
- Dailuaine 4 Year Old 2012 - Strictly Limited (Càrn Mòr)
- Fettercairn Single Malt Whisky (12 Year Old)
- Isle Of Jura Seven Wood
- Balvenie Peat Week Aged 14 Year Old - 2003 Vintage
- Glenfiddich 15 Year Old Solera
My husband is a whiskey lover and is normally a Speyside man, with the occasional Jura thrown in, What is fantastic in this calendar is you find new distilleries you may never have heard from. Plus if they find one they really like you still have time pick up a full bottle for Christmas or new year.
There are some seriously expensive whiskeys in this calendar. Your value for money is huge with this. Don't forget to check Drink by the drams other advent calendars.