Well, the first snow of this winter has hit Ben Nevis here in Scotland and we are well on our way to winter. Which for me means one thing It's getting near to ski season. I have a planned skiing trip in January next year. I am super excited about this but also aware this might change. But I am lucky enough to live next to Nevis range in fort William which has a ski range. Yes, Scottish skiing it might be this year, either way, I am hitting the slopes. Oh yes, I am. I made a packed with myself that this year is the year I will learn to ski properly. So as I get ready to enrol in a ski school. It is time to do one of my favourite things. Shopping for ski gear.
I thought it would be fun to do a come shopping with me Ski edition. I will be shopping at one of my favourite online stores Protest If you have been following me a while you will know I love this store they do the best clothes they stock everything an outdoor girl like me could want. From swimwear and sup to ski clothes they have it all.
Today I am working with Protest and they have kindly given you all a 10% discount code so you too can go shopping and save a bit of money too. All you need to do is pop missljbeauty10 into the discount code section of the checkout and you will save money. This code is valid until February 28, 2021 without further ado, let's go shopping.
First I need a ski jacket.After far too many to choose from I think this is the winner. This is the Protest Kelis ski jacket. I am a UK size 8 I will order a size small. The reasons I really fell for this jacket are.
- I love the colours in this jacket.
- The style is functional and fashionable with a slim fit.
- It has 10k water resistance and10g breathability this means that no water will get in from the snow and any extra moisture like sweat will be able to escape without making me cold or wet.
- The seams are taped to keep me dryer
- There are ventilation zips under the arms meaning if I get too hot I can let some air in.
- This jacket is PFC free
- Chin guard to shop any chaffing from the zipper
- goggle pocket so I can store my goggles when not in use
- Life pass pocket so I will not need to remove my life pass. This makes it less likely I will lose it.
- An extra cuff on the sleeves so no snow gets in
- These are slim fitting meaning more freedom of movement
- 10 k water-resistant and 10g breathability like the jacket
- They are insulated being warm is important to me.
- The legs are ergonomically shaped for ease of movement and flexibility
- wind resistant.
- The suspenders these are not only really pretty in leopard print but they will keep the trousers form moving. They are also adjustable
- Stretch fabric making they super easy to move in or fall in for me.
- The zipper at the front making bathroom breaks easier.
- Zipper in ankles making getting on and off easy.
- This jacket is made using recycled polyester and is made sustainable. This is part of protests PVRE green series
- Slim fitting for a sleeker look
- The outer fabric is PFC free reducing chemicals and their detrimental effects
- Environmentally friendly waterproofing with 20k water resistance
- Fully taped seams and sealed zipper
- Helmet proof meaning your helmet fits under the hood keeping you dryer and warmer
- Arms are ergonomically shaped for extra flexibility and ease of movement.
- Chin protector for anti-chaffing
- Goggle cleaning built-in and goggle storage pocket
- Pass holder pocket
- Heavyweight melange fleece so it is super high quility
- As a mid-layer, it will be insulating
- Breathable so it will stay nice to wear
- Side pockets for storing all his items safe on the slopes.
- chin protector so no rubbing or chafing
- regular fit good for off the slope wear.