I have been thinking a lot about my hair lately. I have long thin hair. The weird thing about my hair is there is a lot of it and I have a very small head. I found this out when I was buying biking helmets. My hair condition has come on leaps and bound in the last few years. My hair was falling out in clumps and breaking to the point where I was so upset about it.
I thought I would share my hair care tips with you.
- I always use a tangle teazer to brush my hair. I have found this has saved my hair from lots of breakages.
- I colour my hair and I always go to a hairdresser I trust. Trust with your hair is a huge thing for me. I have been badly burnt by a bad hairdresser and yes I mean my scalp was burnt!
- I can count on one hand how many times this year I use a hairdryer. I let my hair air dry. I have Ghds that have been used about 10 times since I bought them years ago. I find using less heat helps to get rid of breakage.
- Find the right shampoo and conditioner. This is a never ending task for me. just now I really like the Loreal low shampoo. I need a shampoo that works on not only fine hair but coloured hair.
- I have a receding hair line. It's a family thing for me and I have been looking into hair transplant. Yes I know I have a few years before I need to really be concerned about my hair line but I think this is a problem more commonly associated with men. Here is the Hair transplant cost I don't think this is that expensive. It is food for thought for me. I have a chicken pox scar on my eyebrow and I have always hated it. I never knew this is something that you can have transplanted til now, This is something I really am considering.
- Deep cleanse at least twice a month. As you all know I mountain bike and work out so I put my hair through a lot of sweat and mud. Sorry hair. I give my hair a really good clean with Redken hair cleansing cream. I leave it one for 5 to 10 minutes and Boom fresh clean hair.
- I'm Blonde so The search for finding the perfect silver shampoo has been my life long goal. I am using Clairol shimmer lights shampoo I love it! It really does take out all the horrid yellow tones in your hair. I haven't been brave enough to use it for more than a couple minutes yet but I will do a full post on this.
- I found out I was iron deficient and since I have been on iron tablets My hair has changed in the best way possible it's fuller and healthier than ever. I would definitely recommend trying iron tablets to anyone.
- I have a confession I used to use every hair oil, heating styling spray out there. Then one day I just stopped and My hair has been a lot better. I do occasionally use a leave in conditioner. I found that most products were too heavy for my hair and I was over using them. So I just stopped.
- Chlorine, I don't swim but I do go to a nice spa now and again, My hair hates chlorine I mean hates it. What I do is, I put a good oil in my hair, I Love Morrocan oil. I love Philip Kingsley Elasticizer I cover my hair in this and sit in the steam room and sauna. My hair feels like I have walked out of the salon after! Yes, nothing like a added hair bonus to a spa day.
What is your hair care top tips?