How are you all?
I have been having a bit of a nightmare at the moment. We have too many bike and a very old shed with leaking windows.
I thought I'd do My top tips in bike maintenance and storage!
1. Always wash and clean your kit. Not only will this keep everything in tip top order but it is the easiest way to check everything is in tip top order. although think carefully at this time of year if you are out biking in freezing conditions.
2. With winter here. We have done a shed check and found our window are broken and leaking. Now this is where our problem came in. Me being, me looked at buy a whole new shed. The cost of a new shed which can fit all our ever expanding bike collection in was going to cost a small fortune. (NOT just before Christmas) But the last thing we want was rust setting in to our kit.
My hubby suggested getting new windows for the shed. This was not something I though you could do? I nipped online and found some Clear Perspex Sheet which came cut to size and my hubby fitted it. This saved us a fortune. I cant believe I was looking at buying a new shed!
3. Take your bike to a local bike mechanic to do a winter health check yes this can be expensive but it will save you a fortune in the long run. Lets face it we all hit the trails hard this summer. If like me you have no notion to stop over the winter season its time to get you kit checked no one want a big crash due to a faulty bike.
4. Now in the biking world this is conversational but I store my bike the right way up. I find if I don't my brakes take a bit of work to get them back to normal. But some people like to store them upside down.
5. Invest in a good bike rack. this might seem like a strange one to add in here but my hubby lost a bike as it feel off the roof. it was a nice carbon bike he was raging.
6. BUY insurance this is worth its weight in gold. please see last point we were lucky that we had our bikes covered and my hubby got a new one really quickly. I should have mentioned this happened not long before a booked biking trip.
Hope you are all hitting the trails this winter.