Today we are talking about the best hiking jacket. I love nothing more than being in nature. If you have followed me for a while you will know that I am an outdoor person. I spend most of my time mountain biking here on the stunning west coast of the Scottish highlands. I live by the sea and mountain and I am lucky to love them both.
Being an outdoor person I like to think I know a thing or two about the outdoor gear I am asked a lot about what waterproof jacket would I recommend and I thought I would just write a post on the matter for you all.
My all-time favourite outdoor jacket for hiking and everyday wear is Helly Hansen W VERGLAS INFINITY SHELL JACKET. This is from Helly Hensen's new collection which has now gone even more sustainable. It is made with industry-changing technology with Helly Tech professional fabric 3 layer fabric construction LIFA Infinity technology.
Helly Hensen is a fantastic and well-known brand it has been making jackets for over 140 years. They are Norwegian based so they know a thing or two about extreme weather conditions. They work hard to design the best and most innovative outdoor clothing.
Before we get into the features of this jacket. I want to take a few moments to explain. Why I love Helly Hansen. I am actually an RNLI volunteer and my husband is an RNLI Volunteer crew here in our village. I am a huge supporter of the RNLI and the life-saving work they do. Helly Hansen makes all the RNLI crews kit and I can say first hand it is a game-changer. The new kit is amazing and keeps the crew safe warm and dry at sea.
Back to the W Verglas Infinity shell jacket
This jacket is not only stylish and nicely made but it is crammed packed with features. I have this jacket in an XS and I am a UK 8 to help with sizing. I find this jacket a nice cut I can fit a few-layer underneath making it perfect for winter and summer.
LLIFA INFINITY™ technology
Using LIFA® technology, a proprietary Helly Hansen fibre that is lightweight and hydrophobic, the Verglas Infinity Shell Jacket is constructed with a fully waterproof/breathable LIFA INFINITY™ membrane, which is achieved without the use of chemicals. In addition to the revolutionary membrane, the 3L jacket is built with a recycled face fabric and a PFC*-free durable water repellent treatment, delivering the extreme waterproofness and breathability of HELLY TECH® Professional construction. With LIFA INFINITY™, part of the brand’s most innovative and sustainable waterproof/breathable technology to date, the Verglas Infinity Shell Jacket offers responsible and superior professional grade performance.The features
- lightweight so easy to pack in your kit bag.
- Hardshell fit meaning you can layer for the conditions
- Pit zip with two way zip is The best invention on hot days or when hiking or biking.
- 2 hand pockets with an inner liner to keep valuable safe
- The hood is compatible with helmets.
- Backpack and harness compatible
- Inner front placket for wind protection
- YKK® WR CF zipper and WR hand pockets
- waist shock cord for extra warmth when the weather changes
- Bemis laminated 3 %L on all seems
How it works:
1. The RECCO detector emits a directional radar signal, like the beam of a flashlight.
2. When the radar signal hits the RECCO reflector, it is echoed back to the detector and points the rescuer in the direction of the victim.
3. The closer the detector gets to the reflector the stronger the returned-signal, ultimately allowing the rescuer to pinpoint the victim's location.