Let's talk about confidence and in particular body confidence. I need to talk to you all about my journey. I have been every size from a UK 24 to a new UK 6. I have been what is classed as overweight and underweight and I have always struggled with body issues. I have even been diagnosed with body dysmorphia.
I have been subject to unwanted and unneeded comments. From are you pregnant to do you not eat? I have to heart it all. She would be pretty if she lost weight. She would look better with some weight on her bones. I have felt the effect of all these comments and I will be honest with you they have scarred me. I lost 7 and a half stone and most likely more since that figure.
I need to explain that I have had a big journey to find body confidence and self-respect. I am not perfect. I am very much a normal person. I have cellulite stretch marks and my skin shows signs of weight loss. I have in the last 10 years found fitness in the form of cycling. I am now fit. I so hate the word skinny. I am not skinny I am fit. I have spent a lot of hours making sure my body is fit for the sport I love. Since becoming fit I have had more negative comments than I have had positive ones. From everyone from strangers to family. It has taken me a long time to feel good in my skin.
One of the places I have always struggled for confidence is when I am wearing swimwear. I was a lot more confident when I was bigger. I felt curvy and good in my skin. I have been on a journey to love my ever-changing and ageing body.
I want to share with you how I have found the confidence to wear a swimsuit again.
- Stop comparing your body to other people. Your body is unique it has been through a lot from health problems to possibly childbirth your body is special and you should celebrate it.
- Stop worrying about what others think about you. Yes this is hard we can all be vain but since I have given up worrying about what people think about me and my body I have found more inner peace within myself
- Stop putting pressure on yourself to look a certain way. NO ONE LOOKS LIKE INSTAGRAM, not even the Instagrammers. There are too many good cameras great lighting makeup and filter for us to even try and compete with these none real photos Social media is not real.
- Find a swimsuit that makes you feel beautiful and comfortable. I have one below I will share with you.
- There is no such thing as a bikini body ready. You have a body put in a bikini it becomes a bikini body.
- Do something that makes you feel confident. I am booking some laser hair removal as I know this will boost my confidence. I have wanted it done for years and I am going for it.
About the Zip Detail swimsuit
One piece low rise swimsuit with adjustable zip detail , open and x back design choice , double lined to avoid transparency and greater durability. It’s a beautiful piece and fits perfectly to the body.
Excellent quality, fast dry and Vegan!
90% lycra 10% spandex.