How are you?
Its summer and the sun is out. Its almost the kids holiday and you are planning to do lots of fun things over the summer period. I want to talk to you all today about how to save money from your car budget.
1. Keeping your car in tip-top condition will save you money in the long run. Yes, a service is not mandatory but by keeping your car in working order this will help prevent any further breakdowns or problems. If you are looking for a reliable garage for vehicle servicing then visit KAP Motors Folkestone Branch. It is a false economy to not have your vehicle serviced. A break down is like to cost you a lot more than regular maintenance.
2. Keep your car in good condition. This will help when you decide to change your car. As the better the condition the higher you can charge for the resale. Keeping the service history up to date also adds value to the car and will get you a better deal.
3. Buy second-hand cars. There are some cracking deals about. If you are looking for a new car, why buy straight from the showroom. You can get a far better deal on a nearly new car and than a brand new car. Why not check out a car that is a year old. I promise the savings are worth it.
4. Colour choice. I know what you are thinking. But honestly, some cars sell better than others. For instance, not everyone wants a bright yellow car. While this may be your dream for resale value this reduces the price.
5. Buy what you can afford. There is nowhere that says you must take out a loan or credit for a car. Why not save and wait till you have the money to buy a car outright? This way you will not have an extra monthly direct debit coming out of your bank.
6. Do not put things off. Do your tyres look worn? Is that a chip in the window? A dent in the paintwork? These can all lead to a very expensive mechanic bill. Get it taken care of as soon as you can. I have seen some very bad crashes happen due to poor car maintenance.
7. Shop around for your car insurance. Come on how many times have you forgot to do this? letting the direct debit just continue? This can cost you hundreds of extra pounds a year. For the sake of checking a couple search engine.
8. Before a big journey check your car over. Check your tires, coolant, oil, screen wash and don't forget to fuel up. There is nothing more embarrassing than having to call out a tow truck because you ran out of fuel. plus the cost of having your car overheat or run out of oil is massive. That is an expense no one needs.
I hope these tips have helped you save some money.